Cleaning up your home after a flood can be a lengthy and traumatic experience. Here are some practical tips on how to restore your home.
- Check for structural damage before entering a building. If you see damage, have a qualified person check the building before you enter
- Once you are certain that the building is safe to enter, make sure the gas, electricity and any fuel taps are turned off
- Do NOT touch electrical wires, appliances or devices
- Separate damaged property from undamaged property, and prepare an inventory of what has been lost or damaged
- Take photographs of damaged property
- Contact your insurance broker
- Keep receipts for any cleanup costs incurred (i.e. shop vac, rentals, cleaning supplies).
London Drugs insurance customers who would like to make a claim are invited to call 1-800-681-6677 or you can file your claim online.